4 days/ 3 nights
Begin - Eind
Granada - Granada
Granada, the last Moorish Kingdom of al-Andalus, is the best place to start dreaming. This lively magic city, located at the foot of the Sierra Nevada, is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities to visit. It boasts so many attractions that you will never see them all, most of them are of Moorish origins. The most impressive one is the Alhambra palace and the Generalife gardens, which is one of the most visited and admired monuments in the world. Sightseeing the city on foot is the best way to discover its rich heritage as you wander its network of streets full of shops, tapas bars, restaurants… monuments and buildings to marvel at! The city has a wealth of history and culture to offer the traveller and is also well known for its busy University and commercial activity. You are based in a charming hotel, right in the historical centre. Thanks to its strategic location, Granada is the ideal starting point for excursions into its surrounding countryside, on foot or by bike and to nearby villages and rural areas, some of them you can even do with your children. We will take you on a guided hike in Sierra Nevada Nature Park only an half-hour ride away from town. The route through the impressive Los Cahorros gorge is in particular suitable for families. Unbeatable views, waterfalls, plenty of rock pools for swimming, narrow caves and tunnels that you have to crawl through or hang off the rock face, walking alongside acequias that date back to Moorish times and, of course, the famous hanging bridges.
There is of course much more to see and do in and around Granada, we give you some attractive suggestions to choose from:
- Guided route on foot through the Unesco neighbourhood Albayzin, Sacromonte and the Alhambra forest.
- Cycling: easy cycling on our comfortable bikes on the Greenway along the river to Pinos Genil.
- Cycling from the mountains to the Sea (full day): a beautiful mountain road will bring you to an altitude of 1350 meters, from where you descend to the Tropical Coast!
- Guided Olive oil Tour in the Lecrín Valley includes visit of olive grooves, an ancient olive mill and olive oil tasting.
- Guided excursion to the Alpujarras south from the Sierra Nevada: with short walks between the beautiful white mountain villages, includes transport and typical lunch.
- Hammam (Arab bath): These are the first Arab baths in Europe to be reopened following their closure in the sixteenth century. You can choose to take only the baths or baths with different relaxing massages.
For more information about some excursions: